My client wants a very very quiet toilet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

chuckbrown

Reaction score
What is the most quiet toilet on the market, he dosen't care about the price and he want it one piece to.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Kohler Rialto toilets are quiet... They just don't flush very well... But they are quiet!

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The Toto "double cyclone" technology is very good - uses 2 strong gets to swirl water from right under the rim to the drain so great bowl wash.

It is pretty quiet but there is a "glug-glug-glug" right at the end of the flush. Not enough to hear outside the bathroom.

Micp879

Reaction score
I hear alot of American Standard toilets are quiet, but thats only because they are broken, and unusable. Its amazing how quiet virtually all toilets are when they are broken and can't be flushed! LoL

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I can't think of anything quieter that a backyard out house.:p

You can still get blueprints for them.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
go for a one piece toilet

both Kohler and american make some one piece
toilets that are very quiet...

their is nothing out there that is absolutely silent

the quietest toilet I have ever used was an out-house.

so I would be worried that you are not going to make this customer happy whatever you install...

make sure the ground rules are clear before you start bending over backwards for them......

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is the kind of job that you might want to walk away from. No matter what you recommend, they have in essence already told you it will not be good enough. If by chance, they are happy with the noise level of a Rialto, they will not like how it flushes. You can't win.

I would recommend that they go to some designer showrooms, probably have to go to NY, LA, or Chicago....and see some actual installed toilets and judge for themselves.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Doesn't the Toto Neorest use a pump? Never heard one flush (actually, haven't seen on in person - just pictures).

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing me install a few of those....
Unfortunately for many people it's out of their price range...

Cookie

Reaction score
He doesn't care about price because he is going to sue you anyways. In light of that, make sure you get him to sign paperwork stating, " the customer is satisfied with the sound from it, and you do not guarantee the sound level of the toilet now, or in the future."

What is the most quiet toilet on the market, he dosen't care about the price and he want it one piece to.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
He doesn't care about price because he is going to sue you anyways. In light of that, make sure you get him to sign paperwork stating, " the customer is satisfied with the sound from it, and you do not guarantee the sound level of the toilet now, or in the future."

The only wise choice I see is...

Installed customer supplied toilet...

Cookie

Reaction score
Wise decision.
Anytime someone says, " price is not an object" I would shudder because, human nature dictates they are going to recuperate it somewhere.

The only wise choice I see is...

Installed customer supplied toilet...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Redwood strikes again! Let him pick out and pay for the potty he wants, but make certain you have it in writing that you installed the unit the customer wanted and that any additional work to deal with problems of poor quality and/or noise will be charged additionally at your regular rate. This guy will never be satisfied. Personally, I think I'd just pass.

chuckbrown

Reaction score
The Toto "double cyclone" technology is very good - uses 2 strong gets to swirl water from right under the rim to the drain so great bowl wash.

It is pretty quiet but there is a "glug-glug-glug" right at the end of the flush. Not enough to hear outside the bathroom.

Thnak you I'll tell that to my guy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks