My cat gave me this idea...really

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
My cat is aged. He will be 24 years old in January. He can be slow while walking and walking down the stairs. This is where he gave me this idea.

I followed him going down the bedroom stairs, one step at a time. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the bottom. I was both annoyed, and more respective of this cat once we hit the bottom landing. I thought we would never get there and I couldn't get around him.

So, on the long one-step at a time, I thought, why not do this for my son? I waited until, he came home, went upstairs and, started to come back downstairs and, then, I got in front of him, doing, Bob's one-step. Bob is the aged cat.

My son was polite enough at first not to say anything, lol, then, I heard, " one step at a time?" I waited until, I got one step away from the bottom, and said, " I am practicing getting old" and, looked at his face, lol, then, I added, " I want to be really really good at it."

It was really really funny. Do this to your kid, mine was really laughing.

I wonder if he was thinking, I can be really really annoying. :)

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My cat is aged. He will be 24 years old in January. He can be slow while walking and walking down the stairs. This is where he gave me this idea.

I followed him going down the bedroom stairs, one step at a time. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the bottom. I was both annoyed, and more respective of this cat once we hit the bottom landing. I thought we would never get there and I couldn't get around him.

So, on the long one-step at a time, I thought, why not do this for my son? I waited until, he came home, went upstairs and, started to come back downstairs and, then, I got in front of him, doing, Bob's one-step. Bob is the aged cat.

My son was polite enough at first not to say anything, lol, then, I heard, " one step at a time?" I waited until, I got one step away from the bottom, and said, " I am practicing getting old" and, looked at his face, lol, then, I added, " I want to be really really good at it."

It was really really funny. Do this to your kid, mine was really laughing.

I wonder if he was thinking, I can be really really annoying. :)
There is a good chance he was!

Cookie

Reaction score
I am sure, lol. I do all kinds of things to him to make him laugh. Like when he was going out on a date, I very quietly climbed and sat in the backseat. He then, saw me in the rear view mirror and was laughing so hard cause he didn't know I was back there until, we got down the road, and had to drive me home. I was back there eating a snickers bar, snickering. :)

He is funny.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Cats are cool.

Mine has been acting weird lately.

Cat.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You might want to consider that if you "annoy" your son often enough, you might NOT reach old age. One good push on the first step down and he can run down the stairs behind you.

Cookie

Reaction score
I got this really great kid, infact, 2 sons, that are great. This youngest one, and I have alot of fun together. We are always laughing, he started telling me at age 5, " I really like you mom" and, he still tells me that, and he is in his late 20's. I heard him once, about age 12, maybe, on the phone talking to his friend, and he was telling him, that he would like his mom, that she is funny. Nothing, ever surpassed hearing that in my life. I haven't been blessed with great health, not even, good health, but, boy o boy, do I got great kids. I listen to other parents talk otherwise about their kids and my heart goes out to them, my heart would be broken if I didn't get along with mine. My husband and I had this thing from the day we met, to the day he died, it was to see which one of us, could make the other laugh the hardest and longest. It was just an unwritten competition. I don't know how it started or why, it just did. Kids are great. Cats are cool. Some people, and some relatives suck. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Hj, I was sending out a resume when they were in grade school. I mentioned I needed some references and, they disappeared for a couple hours. Here, I will copy some of their " reference" they did for me, I had no idea this was happening back then.

My mom would be great for this job because she is very happy and good with kids. We should know because we are kids. She is very patient and never yells like others moms we hear in other houses. We think you should hire her because she is very smart, she is very good with numbers and never makes mistakes. She taught us to add and subtract. Our dad likes her a whole lot and he lets her take his paycheck. It is okay if she has to work later than supper time because dad will stop and buy something. He does not cook good. Mom makes good cookies and cakes but, we need burgers and fish and, she tries hard but she does not cook as good as Long John Silver and KFC or McDonalds chicken things.

I sent this with the resume, and I was hired. And, HR was laughing on the phone and wanted to meet my references.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks