Multiple toilets flushing automatically

Users who are viewing this thread

Rachel

Reaction score
Today my friend was alone in a public restroom and she heard the toilet furthest away from her flush, then the next one, and then the next. She hightailed it out of there, but she did hear the toilet she had just been using flush. They are the kind with handles you have to push down. What would cause a whole bunch of toilets, one at a time, and in order, to flush?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Today my friend was alone in a public restroom and she heard the toilet furthest away from her flush, then the next one, and then the next. She hightailed it out of there, but she did hear the toilet she had just been using flush. They are the kind with handles you have to push down. What would cause a whole bunch of toilets, one at a time, and in order, to flush?

Oh............you're talking about "Ghost" flushing. It's a good thing she high tailed it out of there. :)

Rachel

Reaction score
Haha, when you are alone your imagination does get away with you xD I read that toilets will sometimes flush on their own when something or other happens (I won't pretend to understand it all) but didn't realize it could go in a chain too. Is that because the toilets are all connected?

Reaction score
ghostbusters-2016.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks