Multiple issues!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Needanexpert

Reaction score
Hello,

About to buy our first house. We had an inspections done and main issue was the hot water heater.

Corrosion at multiple points on the hot water line joints(copper). 3 to 4 connections after! As well as corrosion just before the cold water line enters. I have attached a few pictures for reference. The house was built in 2005 and the hot water tank has been replaced! The seems a little early??

Any input or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 314
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 305

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not messing with you. Seriously, do you have a swimming pool?

I went in a storage area by the pool at a subdivision locally, and the lights and outlets were rather buggy and flickering when used. Found out after some poking around, that the panel and other things in the area, were corroded from exposure from the pool chemicals stored there.

I don't see any reason whatsoever for the fittings on your plumbing to be corroded to the state they're in unless they are being exposed to something in the air, like maybe chemicals. You've got pex piping, and I don't see how any galvanic action or any other common problem with your water could cause this.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It would not be a "common problem", but it looks like the tool they crimped the connections with was NOT calibrated and thus the seals were loose and "leaked" slightly.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
some of those joints dont look too good to me and I would have them changed out for sure..
they could be a cheaper type of brass fitting used in pex that has been re-called for having too
m uch zinc in the brass.... look up ZURN BRASS or KITECH for stories about this product

If you have not bought this home yet I would be an a-hole and get them to pony up enough cash
to totally replace the pex water system in the house or you might regret it down the road

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks