multiple body sprays

Users who are viewing this thread

MoreHeads

Reaction score
Custom shower. Short story is plumber did not make a pressure balancing loop when piping the body sprays. He made a simple loop. There are 3 jets on each of 2 walls. THe top jet flows full stream..the middle slighlty less..the bottom jets trickle. 3/4 inch valves and piping. Is there a way for me to fix this? Perhaps by regulating the flow out of the top body sprays to equalize pressure? Its all Grohe fixtures.

MoreHeads

Reaction score
Yes. Thats the basis for my question. It was not plumbbed right and I am looking for a solution other than re-plumbing it and having my tile work re-done.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
hansgrohe

I've been putting in hansgrohe body sprays in accordance with installation instructions and I have not installed a balancing loop. Are you sure you are reading the instructions correctly for your model? A simple line should supply three outlets without any pressure differential and you are stating a major difference of lack of volume. I would not think you would even need a 3/4" valve. You may want to consider other reasons for your result. Sometimes these valves are hard to get adjusted correctly. Does it have internal stops that are not open. Or screens that are plugged up.

MoreHeads

Reaction score
According to Grohe, when using 3 or more heads you should make a pressure balancing loop. It looks like a figure eight. Mine was made like an oval with three heads down the right side. THe middle of the eight "balances" the pressure otherwise it is strongest at the head that is closest to the inlet.

LonnythePlumber

Reaction score
I don't understand

I'll have to admit that I don't understand your system but I would like to.
would you send your model number please? That the first 2.5 gpm spray would use up most of the water in a 1/2 line leaving an inadequate amount for the next one only one foot away is hard for me to grasp. If I supply a lavatory it doesn't keep the second lavatory from being able to work.

LonnythePlumber

Reaction score
Need Lope

I am noticing that other plumbers are recognizing the need for a balancing loop. I have been dealing with hansgrohe and not grohe's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks