Mudding drywall screws (tricky little suckers got you screwed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
maddiemom6 said:
:eek: Mikey I should smack you over the head with my new Dewalt nailer, or maybe my nice new ergonomic hammer! The only thing wrong when there is that big of a change from Girlfriend to wife is that you married the wrong woman!

Personally my husband and I work together on all projects.. I plumb he does the wires.. he cuts the really big boards and i get him a beer. I hang wall paper and he stands under the ladder getting a great view... it wall works out if you marry the right woman :)

Maddie, mom of 6

Hey, that's great. I think my girlfriend does it to help "get 'er done," but I'm not sure she enjoys it like I do. She's really good at most of what she does, but would never do it on her own.

I'm getting new gutters installed--about the only thing I've not done myself. I'm sure she is excited for both getting new ones and not doing it ourselves. :)

Prashster

Reaction score
Never used the cordless finish nailers, but I have a buddy who swears by it. He says it's the best $400 he ever spent.

Speaking of neat tools, have you ever seen a drywall guy use a 'banjo'? File this tool under 'will-probably-never-use-it-again-but-was-worth-it-for-the-wicked-cool-factor'.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Banjo vs piles of tape

Banjos are for wimps -- much cooler to casually unwind a bunch of tape into a big pile on the floor. Even cooler when (as my guy does) you finish your run and there's only about 6" of extra tape to be torn off. I don't know how he does it.

I'm getting so I don't like cordless anythings. Maybe the 36V batteries will last a while longer than my Makita 9.6V duds, but for now I'm surrounded by extension cords and coily air hoses.

No such thing as an ergonomic hammer unless it's air-powered. Got a pin nailer yet? Wicked cool tool.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Check out Festools cordless and corded tools. I've got their cordless drill. It's great. Search the board for Festool.

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks