Mt Baker Ski area day hike

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last October I went on a day hike at Mt. Baker Ski area. The last weekend in the Seattle area before snow hit the high elevations. We had pretty inconsistent weather this year, and my engergy levels had been pretty low, but this was my big chance to get one more hike in. The hike is about 3.5 hours from Seattle, so I called Songlin to see if she wanted to come along. We made the long drive up, in cold weather, and not a lot of time left in the day. Above the parking lot, there is a hike criss crossing the steep cliffs until you come to the upper area looking over the area. You can walk the length of it, and at the other end, we followed some animal trails over the edge, and down the steep sloop, that brought us to the return trail farther below. Not really a trail down, but kind of fun acting like a mountain goat.

Attachments

• baker_songlin_1.jpg
    baker_songlin_1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 545
  • baker_songlin_2.jpg
    baker_songlin_2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 547
  • baker_2.jpg
    baker_2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 627
  • baker_1.jpg
    baker_1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I finally got this picture, just to prove that I was hiking too, and not just making up stuff. This was the last Sunday of the Fall before this entire area got covered with snow. And yes, those are patches of snow on the ground. This late in October it gets pretty cold up there.

baker_2010_terry_1.jpg

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Washington D.C. is that pretty. It's a great place to be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks