moving water supply line - difficult?

Users who are viewing this thread

ottawacat

Reaction score
I'm tearing out my old kitchen and putting in a new one (with some contractor help) and just realized that hot water supply line is going to be really close (maybe impossibly close) to where the dishwasher would be installed (there's no dishwasher there currently). The shutoff valve would either jut into the dishwasher itself (bad) or the cabinet would need to be notched to fit it (less bad, but not great). The problem is that I am going with a narrower sink cabinet in order to fit the dishwasher in.

How difficult would it be to move just that line (or move the part of the line with shutoff valve) a couple of inches? Would ALL of the plumbing need to be moved, or could we just alter the line?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Generally, with the walls accessible at this point, before you start putting in cabinets, moving a water line is not a big problem.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
watre line

The degree of difficulty depends ENTIRELY on how the piping is arranged inside the wall and you will not know that until you open the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks