Moving water 600' up hill

Users who are viewing this thread

Sherman02

Reaction score
My wife and I moved into a house that has a sprinkler pump that pulls water from a farm pond. With 14 zones and 9 heads per zone the pond eventually gets very low. The previous owner had buried 600 feet of 2 inch poly pipe from a nearby river to refill the pond.

In order to refill the pond the water has to pulled up the bank of the river (approx 10-12 feet) and then moved through 600 feet of 2" poly pipe going up in elevation about 25 feet from the bank of the river. All of the electrical needed to run a 220 pump is set up at the river. What pump set up should we use?

We tried a Goulds GT15 sprinkler pump but it cavitates unless we narrow the outlet side (at the pond 600 feet away fromt he pump) down to a 1/2 of an inch. When we do this we only get 10 GPM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Greg & Melissa

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks