Moving toilet pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Viktoriya

Reaction score
Фото2 (2).jpg

I am doing a major remodel in my bathroom and have a couple concerns about the plumbing that was done. The white pipe is the new line for the toilet that was just put in today. and the black pipe is the existing drain pipe for the sink. The flow of water for the black pipe goes down to the street while the white pipe is angled to the toilet in the master bathroom. Shouldn't these pipes both be angled in the same direction? I understand that water will flow no problem but its a toilet pipe, when I questioned my plumber about this he brushed it off like it is no big deal.

Фото1 (2).jpg

When I got a closer look at this boot that was just put on today I noticed this hole in the top and again when I questioned the plumber he said its fine cause its not on the bottom of the pipe so water wont leak out. I paid this guy good money and I just don't feel right about the work. I really need a professional opinion please, thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
This is a hack job and would never pass a proper plumbing inspection. Stop the check now and tell the installer that his payment is on hold until the installation is made with a proper municipal permit and inspection.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The first rule of plumbing, is that it goes "downhill"
Your handyman failed that one.
The fitting needs to point the waste downhill.

Also, he ruined the coupling putting that mess in.
Plumbers would have used a shield coupling to prevent pipe shifting.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is even worse than a "hack job". There is so much wrong that I would stop payment on the check and NOT let him back on the job. In fact i doubt that he has a contractor's license so you would not have to pay him anyway. That coupling is the wrong one anyway, but since it would not fit over the fitting, which NONE are designed to do, he cut it so it would stretch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks