Moving supply lines and drain on vanity

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bmerri, Jan 18, 2005.

1. bmerri

bmerri New Member

I need to move my supply lines and drain line for a smaller vanity I am installing. I will have to go on the other side of a stud too.

Do I just remove all drywall and drill a hole through the stud and route the drain and lines?

Is there a certain degree of pipe angle I need to keep when moving it?

Thanks
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pipes

That is the easy way if the pipes in the wall are arranged so you can do it. If the drain pipe in the wall comes directly to the sink, then you will probably have to remove the tee and insert a new one turned to the side to allow you to connect a pipe to go through that hole.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

moving drain line

The minimum slope for drain lines is 1/4" per foot. For the distance that you will be dealing with, this should not be a problem.
  4. bmerri

bmerri New Member

Thanks to both.