Moving sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Buchanan

Reaction score
Hello. I am currently moving my sink. Instead of moving it left or like most posts, I am pushing the sink wall back about 25 inches. Currently the sink drain makes a left hook and ties into the main drain with a vent.

What I would like to do will require me to put two additional 90 degrees turns in the drain. In other words, left out the back of the cabinet which is normal. About a 12 in run to a 90 degree turn left, then about a 24 inch run to another 90 degree turn to the left to tie into the original line with the vent. Assuming I can keep the pitch, is this ok?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if additional info is needed.

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's a limit on how many turns you can make before you need a cleanout. Not sure whether this may require it. Second thing is how far away will the vent line be now? Depends on the diameter of the drain pipe as to how far it can go before it turns down. 2" can go up to 5', smaller pipe, shorter distances.

Jeff Buchanan

Reaction score
There's a limit on how many turns you can make before you need a cleanout. Not sure whether this may require it. Second thing is how far away will the vent line be now? Depends on the diameter of the drain pipe as to how far it can go before it turns down. 2" can go up to 5', smaller pipe, shorter distances.

Thanks for the quick reply. All in, it is 4.5 feet of 2 inch pipe into a 5 inch main drain. Assuming I add a cleanout and maintain the pitch, does that sound workable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks