moving laundry machine - tie into floor drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew

Reaction score
I am by no means a plumber. forgive my ignorance. I want to move my washing machine and sink . I went to look at the floor drain where I would like to tie into. I noticed two black tubes entering the floor drain from either side. the drain has water sitting about 4 in. from the top of the slab floor. the only use that I know of is another tube from the furnace which periodically drains into the drain at ground level. The water sitting in the drain has a lot of sediment. Am i still able to tie into this drain.

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
My washer drains into our floor drain with no problem. Basically if it goes out to waste/sewer, I can see no problem. The reason ours drains into the floor drain, is because the lady that owned the house before us (house is over 60+ years old), did not want to pay to have someone tear up the slab to put in the proper plumbing, which makes sense on an older home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks