moving laundry machine - tie into floor drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Andrew, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I am by no means a plumber. forgive my ignorance. I want to move my washing machine and sink . I went to look at the floor drain where I would like to tie into. I noticed two black tubes entering the floor drain from either side. the drain has water sitting about 4 in. from the top of the slab floor. the only use that I know of is another tube from the furnace which periodically drains into the drain at ground level. The water sitting in the drain has a lot of sediment. Am i still able to tie into this drain.

2. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

My washer drains into our floor drain with no problem. Basically if it goes out to waste/sewer, I can see no problem. The reason ours drains into the floor drain, is because the lady that owned the house before us (house is over 60+ years old), did not want to pay to have someone tear up the slab to put in the proper plumbing, which makes sense on an older home.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement