Moving Basement Shower Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

GoldMaple

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Toilet Flange

I'm currently drywalling my bathroom but I'm planning forward for installing the toilet. I'm going to be pouring some self levelling cement at some point and the toilet pipe and flange will be affected. So, I have a few questions;

1. How do I remove the flange (see picture). Is it just friction fitted to the pipe? Can I just pry it up? The pipe is cast.

2. What is the best method to extend the pipe just a half inch or so to gain the height that the self levelling cement will create? Should I just use one of those flange extensions. (see 2nd picture)

Attachments

• Resize of 100-0030_IMG.JPG
    Resize of 100-0030_IMG.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,697
  • Flange.gif
    Flange.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,733

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
GoldMaple,

I hope you find your answer. I am going through a similar process (rebuild basement bathroom, moving shower drain) at the moment and your detailed pics have been very helpful. Also, if you have a link to the shower build pictures, I would sure love to see them!

Good luck,

Kent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks