Moving a Toilet Drain a few inches

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockyqq

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Wanted to get some thoughts on a little issues I am dealing with.

I am looking to move a toilet drain about 5 inches perpendicular to the direction of my toilet drain (to the green circle area).

Do you think a 90 horizontal bend would be too tight and restrict flow? Any other methods for accomplishing this?

The 'do nothing' alternative is having the toilet sit about 5 inches off of wall. Which is not too big of a deal, but would look a little off.

For background, the wall is where it is due to where the shower rough in is set.

Thanks!

pipes3.jpg

Chris B.

Electrician
Reaction score
Put a 45 further back on the horizontal line?

I assume that wall on the left side of the picture is going to be moved? It seems too close to either the back or the side of the toilet.

Rockyqq

Reaction score
Put a 45 further back on the horizontal line?

I assume that wall on the left side of the picture is going to be moved? It seems too close to either the back or the side of the toilet.

Thanks for the 45 idea.

The pic might not show the scale too well, but that wall on the left is 17 inches from the rough in. I am thinking of moving the toilet closer towards that wall so it has a traditional 12 in distance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Usually, it is a lot easier to move a toilet a "long ways" than a small distance. A street 1/16 bend into a "proper" elbow, (not one like you have now), MIGHT just move it 3".

408guy

Reaction score
Won't fix your lack of sanitary drainage fittings on your toilet(and who knows where else), but you could fur your wall out 5" if you decide to invest your $ in aesthetics only.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks