Movie Review, The Shell Seekers

Users who are viewing this thread

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The only thing i ever like Greg Kinnear in except for the episode he did on "Friends".

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, you are observant I never recognized him! He is really good in that movie. The movie is supposed to be a comedy, but I found it actually, to be very Inspirational, too.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
If we are talking about the best movie of all time then this is it. You have simply not lived until you have seen this film.

Watch it Cookie. For me...

life_is_beautiful.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
I own that movie. My best friend bought me it, my boyfriend, and the first time I watched it, I had to pull it out, and couldn't finish watching it. Then, about a year later, I put it back in and finished watching it. Even though my life wasn't involved in real war, I feel like I have been through one and I related to the movie because, I tried to hide my boys from the horror I was going through with my health problems I tried not to be the mom on the block with cancer, but it kept coming back, and getting worse. When I couldn't hide it anymore because I looked sick I had to tell them the truth that I was in a battle but one I would win. I felt if I believed it with all my heart, so would they. Life is beautiful, but not the horrors. And, when their dad died, and they were left with me, it had to be the scariest feeling on the face of the earth for them. But now they are men, going to start families of their own and, thankfully, we made it. I have so much in my life now. I help others confront the horrors and like, the movie, show them life is beautiful... and to fight for it. To imagine... to imagine the beauty of being well, and being free, and being happy.

Thank you Ian, I hope this isn't information overkill but, it is my life, it is my reality. And, I can't apologize for it.
The movie is worth watching, but very difficult to, maybe more people should especially those who were dealt a great hand in life, because it depicts how the other half has to live who wasn't.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
One of my favorites, too. My cat I actually bought there, tried for the groundhog, Phil, but they wouldn't sell him. ;)

Great little town. Very quaint.

Cookie

Reaction score
This movie is a riot.

My Cousin Vinny

I love the part where he has a dresscode problem. lol. My neighbors can probably hear me laughing.

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
The engineer I used to work for is Cuban. We had a project called the "Youth Center". Just like Vinny, he could not say it right, came out as Yute all the time.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Movie is ok, but the seen where she is eating the lobster in the restaurant in that bid thing.

When i was a kid i think i wore out the rewind button on that part. Hubba Hubba

Cookie

Reaction score
That movie has a great soundtrack.

Now this movie, I hit the rewind button on, and I am not a teenager, :)
Cast Away

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Guess what movie....

My favorite Old Time Movie...

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite all time movies:

The Old Man and the Sea

Also, my favorite book. I read the book I own to pieces, where you touch the pages and they are fragile. If you have never read the book or watched this movie, you have no idea what you are missing, excellent book.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6869558

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks