Movie Review, The Shell Seekers

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I just finished watching a movie on Hallmark, The Shell Seekers, and really recommend others to watch it. After it was over, I found myself running into my older son in the kitchen, and asking him, " do you think, I have been a good mother?" He looked surprised and starting laughing, but once he saw I was serious he said, " yes, the best " and asked me why I was asking that, I went on telling him, I was watching this movie and I am sure he thought... oh, that explains all, lol.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B00006FMDT?filterBy=addOneStar

I have plans on reading the book next.

Cookie

Reaction score
Did I lose you because you don't get that station? Hallmark is a Tv station, where they play pretty good movies most of the time. Either classics or grammy winners or even, the mini-series. This movie, The Shell Seekers, was really good, not only for the acting but for the script. I didn't find it sad, I read where the book is supposed to be, but the movie was engrossing. I haven't seen UP, I watched the trail and it looks good, I would watch that, it reminds me of this one movie, which I can't think of the name, but it was cartoon characters, about life on a farm and the chickens talked. And, there was a mean farm lady and all the chickens were afraid of her. Are you familiar with this movie?

Cookie

Reaction score
I might stop at Redbox and see what they got for tonite. Any recommendations?
I remember when movies would cost an arm & an leg to rent.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Recommendations:
Slumdog Millionaire - I had this movie in my possession for 3 weeks, I shouldn't have waited.
Seven Pounds

For sci-fi types:
Push - was way better than I thought it was going to be

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I know what Hallmark is, i was kidding because they are usually "Sappy" movies.

"UP" is a little sad at the begining but is a really good movie, it's not on DVD until November.
I have... let's say a advanced copy (cough, cough).
I would lend you my copy, but it's a little far to get it to you.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Recommendations:
Slumdog Millionaire - I had this movie in my possession for 3 weeks, I shouldn't have waited.
Seven Pounds

For sci-fi types:
Push - was way better than I thought it was going to be

I haven't seen Slumdog but would like to
Seven pounds i thought was very long and slow.
Push i tought would be a lot better than it was, but i would expecting a lot more going in and when you do that your usually disapointed.
If you go in not expecting much it turns out usually better.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I haven't seen Slumdog but would like to
Seven pounds i thought was very long and slow.
Push i tought would be a lot better than it was, but i would expecting a lot more going in and when you do that your usually disapointed.
If you go in not expecting much it turns out usually better.

Yes, Seven Pounds was a bit slow but I thought it was powerful. My wife completely broke down in that movie.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You guys are all wrong. The best recent movie has to be Gran Torino. By far.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
I forgot about that one and yes that was really good, i loved the old lady next door.

The daughter was also very good and i never seen her before that movie "Ahney Her" great performance for a first time.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
You guys are all wrong. The best recent movie has to be Gran Torino. By far.

I forgot about that one and yes that was really good, i loved the old lady next door.

The daughter was also very good and i never seen her before that movie "Ahney Her" great performance for a first time.

I'll second that. That movie will probably go down as Clint's last great one as somewhat of a badass. I'm also biased, a Ford was a supporting character! ;)

Peanut9199

Reaction score
I'll second that. That movie will probably go down as Clint's last great one as somewhat of a badass. I'm also biased, a Ford was a supporting character! ;)

I can't remember does Ford stand for:

Found-On-Road-Dead

Fix-Or-Repair-Daily

or

Fast-Only-Rolling-Downhill

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Ford stands for, Fix or repair daily. We owned a ford once. Only once, never again. I would had gleefully pushed it over a hillside. So, to get even, what I did was when the stock took a nose dive, into pennystock value, I bought a whole bunch of it. I am hoping it will go up and then, I can get back all the money I lost on that miserable little ford car.

I am a sap for sappy movies Peter. :) But, my favorite are comedies. I am going to watch 7 pounds. If it is too sappy, I will turn it off. That is me. I don't even watch the news, I read the news from the net, that way I can pick or choose what I want to hear about.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Ford stands for, Fix or repair daily. We owned a ford once. Only once, never again. I would had gleefully pushed it over a hillside. So, to get even, what I did was when the stock took a nose dive, into pennystock value, I bought a whole bunch of it. I am hoping it will go up and then, I can get back all the money I lost on that miserable little ford car.

I am a sap for sappy movies Peter. :) But, my favorite are comedies. I am going to watch 7 pounds. If it is too sappy, I will turn it off. That is me. I don't even watch the news, I read the news from the net, that way I can pick or choose what I want to hear about.

7 Pounds is not sappy but it is depressing.

Cookie

Reaction score
I watched it while eating dinner that my son made for us, sometimes, people's lives are as hard as what was illustrated in the characters. For some it is their reality.

For those who care about others, the movie and its point isn't necessary, for those without compassion & or empathy, it means nothing and would be laughed at or ridiculed.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I know what Hallmark is, i was kidding because they are usually "Sappy" movies.

"UP" is a little sad at the begining but is a really good movie, it's not on DVD until November.
I have... let's say a advanced copy (cough, cough).
I would lend you my copy, but it's a little far to get it to you.

ha ha, I am alittle bit bad about returning things, too... ;)

Cookie

Reaction score
One of the best movies to me, is an oldie, (1997) As Good as it Gets, it warm, funny and you walk away feeling good about yourself or striving to become a better person. ( Quote from the movie)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks