move vent wall back 12"

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by rcm650, Aug 23, 2013.

1. rcm650

rcm650 New Member

I got a question about moving my vent back by 12" to accommodate an extended shower. Help!

I have a sketch of what is now and how I want it to be.....I have very little space to work in.....Thanks...rcm650
    gif0001.jpg
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

You did not specify, but the shower trap and drain must be 2". Your plan will not work because the dry section of vent cannot be horizontal nor can a sani-tee be used on it's back. You will have to move the drain and the vent.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There is no way your design would EVER be approved. You are essentially installing the sanitary tee backwards. The sanitary tee is NOT on its "back" it is on its "face", which is even worse.