Mounting heavy wall hung sink

Users who are viewing this thread

raevon1

Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased an American Standard wall hung Surgeon's Scrub sink to use as a laundry room sink. It weights 123 lbs, and has a metal brace that came with it, and two brackets to hang it. (See photos below.) Do I need to install additional wood bracing inside the wall to support it or will the brackets do the job?

American-Standard-485742-600-rw-90332-331142.jpgamerican-standard-9047.044.020.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to mount it except into solid blocking or into a stud in the wall. What does the installation instructions say about it?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
123 pounds with the potential for a couple hundred more if someone decided to lean on it too hard. I would double up the studs in the wall and use that opportunity to make sure the drain in the wall was the right height and position.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It comes with a wall bracket, which fasten to studs in the wall. The angle bracket lock it in place, besides giving additional support, plus the bolts at the front help level it. It has a conventional 2" strainer drain opening so it only needs a 1 1/2' drain pipe. They fit a specific place on the bottom of the sink so your inside the wall backing has to be in the correct place.

Last edited:

Dhagin

builder:anti-builder
Reaction score
What do the sink installation instructions say?

What HJ said about the 1 1/2 drain. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks