More Flow for Hand Held Shower Head

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by FJK, Jun 28, 2007.

1. FJK

FJK New Member

I've use 2 different brands of hand held shower heads & I don't think either produces enough flow, due to water conservation flow restrictors. I seem to remember seeing a shower head that has a removable flow restrictor, but I can't remember the brand name. Can anyone recall this or describe how to increase the flow with my existing hand held shower.
    Thanks, FJK
  2. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Some shower heads have removable flow restrictors. I'm not sure about hand-helds. You can try drilling a larger orifice, but I can't guarantee that it won't ruin the shower head.
  3. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

I did exactly that to mine a week ago. I wish now that I had drilled it a little smaller. If you do decide to do this, start with a drill bit you think is too small and work your way up till the flow is what you are looking for.