More critique wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

TheZster

Reaction score
Still remodeling the basement (adding a bathroom). Attached is a photo of my drain setup for two sinks and a bathtub. You can see the main stack and the spaghetti bowl of attachments. From the top I've got - Main Stack with cleanout - Sanitary T for sink draink - Another Sanitary T for another sink drain - Another Sanitary T for the bathtub drain along with a Vent (2inch) and P-Trap - Below all that is the main drain into the slab and a toilet drain. I would appreciate any positive critique on the setup before I call the inspector. Hopefully it's all good. There will be additional/separate vents for the two sinks to be added after piping is finished and walls are up. Thanks in advance.......

Attachments

• Main stack hookup_1.jpg
    Main stack hookup_1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 460

Plumguy

Reaction score
From what I can see it looks good! Is there anything being used on the stack above the sinks? If not then as long as your'e sink traps are within 6 feet (because you used 2")from stack to trap weir (90) then you would not need to add any more vents.

TheZster

Reaction score
That would be the easy way out - right? Unfortunately, the upstairs bath and laundry room drain into the main stack. I intend to vent everything in the new basement bathroom to an existing vent on the other end of the basement that currently serves another bath. That should be legal and proper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks