Monoflow Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
A Customer wants to add another radiator to a monoflow heating loop. The new radiator will be in the basement. I'm not working on it somebody I work with is. He is a part timer and I'm very concerned that he did not get all the info needed. The basement has never had a Radiator before now He is adding new monoflow tee's, but does he need to up size the pump. I'm told the heat lines are in the ceiling of the basement so he is doing drops down for the basement radiator. Is this right. I know how monoflow works but would not know how to really set it up, and adding to it is another ball game. If I had more info I would give it. I'm asking because if there is a problem later I will be the one sent back because I know about heating than other guys in the shop. I would like to know what was done wrong.

Thank you all for the info Pat

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
MonoFlo

Radiators below the main need a feed AND return MonoFlow tees. In addition they have to be separated far enough to create resistance to force the water to circulate through the radiator. Placing them on either side of an elbow with sufficient distance between them is usually adequate, unless there is unusual pressure drop/resistance to the radiators.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks