Moentrol Temperature Control

Users who are viewing this thread

Boup

Reaction score
I have a newly installed Moentrol valve - when I pull out the water control and then turn it for temperature, the handle does not stay in place but slowly slides back down. Is the handle position for temperature controlled by the balancing stool or is this a cartridge problem? How do I get the handle to stay where I put it?

rjbphd

In the Trades
Reaction score
Brand new Moentrol will do that with lever handle, which I dislike those kind.. I rather use the know handle.

rjbphd

In the Trades
Reaction score
Didn't type it right, it's knob handle.. or you can wipe off the stem of grease to make it stay.. regardless, Moentrol is still a way better faucet than those cheap motel postitemp craps.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When new, they slide a little too much. Don't worry, after a little use they "break-in". After a few years they will even get stiff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks