Moentrol shower valve - trim plate and handle available separately?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ss3964spd, Sep 6, 2006.

1. ss3964spd

ss3964spd New Member

Due to poor planning on my behalf I purchased a Moen shower valve kit (Moentrol valve, chrome trim plate, handle, shower head arm and head) from a local orange box store. However, design plans have evolved to include satin nickel or brushed stainless hardware - not chrome.

Are trim plates and handles available separately for this valve? I won't be using the arm and head - ditching those in favor of a wall outlet and height adjustable hand held.

Thanks,

Dan
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Satin Nickel and Brushed Stainless are not Moen finishes.
    To find out what finishes are available for the replacement parts for your trim,go to this page:

http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/index.cfm

and enter the number off your trim box (i.e. T3129) into the box on the left side.You will be a shown a replacement parts list which will show what parts are available in what finishes.
  3. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Their customer service is excellent (800-buy-moen). They might have a suggestion.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The finishes that are probably available for your trim are Satine and Platinum.
  5. ss3964spd

ss3964spd New Member

Thanks much gentlemen, highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan