Moen wall mounted bathroom faucet spout with insufficient length

Users who are viewing this thread

rushabh

Reaction score
Hello all,

My plumber recently installed the Moen 90 degree wall-mounted bathroom faucet in my bathroom:
http://www.moen.com/90-degree/chrome-two-handle-wall-mount-bathroom-faucet/_/R-CONSUMER:TS6730

It turns out that the length of the faucet spout is somewhat insufficient to reach the middle of the vessel sink. The water flow falls halfway between the edge of the sink and the drain. I would like for the water flow to fall directly on the drain.

Is there a way for the plumber to somehow extend the spout length? Could he install some kind of spacer at the wall end to adjust the spout forward so that it is closer to the sink? Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is the way they are made. Your sink location in the countertop determines where the water hits in the bowl. They do not make any "extensions" for that spout.

rushabh

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It looks like we may have to switch to a different Moen wall-mounted faucet trim that has a spout with greater length. I do want the water to fall on the center of the sink as that would make it more convenient for the user to get the proper soaking without hitting the wall of the sink.

Sluggo

Reaction score
good luck finding one, especially one that fits that valve body.
This seems like a way to convert a non-problem into a problem. I once had a faucet that was positioned approximately over the drain...and I hated it. It made it awkward to get my head under the faucet to wash my hair without having my chin hit the sink rim, and it made it difficult to fill a large container to water plants. Enjoy the existing installation you have and stop trying to "perfect" it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks