Moen Vertical Spa

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by twilight, Jul 29, 2010.

1. twilight

twilight New Member

Pressure balancing loop for Moen vertical spa

Hello, this is my first post, I just stumbled on this site and read some really informative posts and I'd like an opinion on something. I'm putting in a Moen Vertical spa system with 1 shower head and 4 body sprays in a new house. The plumber just put together a pressure balancing loop and I'd like some opinions. There is a manual here on the Moen website.

http://www.moen.com/assets/moencom/documents/literature-center/MF2861.pdf

On page 18 is the picture of the pressure balancing loop but my plumber did something slightly different. My understanding from what I've read is that there needs to be some kind of path for the water to flow past the body spray. Although I have a loop, the body sprays are located off to the side of the loop and not actually in the loop itself. I attached a picture of my look and Moen's diagram what do ya'll think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

That would work the same.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Stop worrying. Either will work, and NEITHER one is necessary.
  4. twilight

twilight New Member

Thx redwood