Moen T4111 Faceplate Off Center

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by lynnvk, Jun 27, 2013.

1. lynnvk

lynnvk New Member

Our plumber recently installed a Moen T4111 double Handle Monentrol Pressure Balance Volume Control Shower trim but the Escutcheon is slightly off center. The plumber says that the reason for this is that the 2 valve screws are not lined up vertically at a 90 degree angle to the ceiling and floor. What can I do to correct this problem. I called Moen customer service and they did not have an answer. Thank you.

http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/t4111pt.pdf
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  2. lynnvk

lynnvk New Member

Escutcheon: Moen

Thank you for the diagram. Is there an Escutcheon on the market with 2 holes that is round which will make up for the fact that the valve in the wall is not straight, and thus the current rectangular escutcheon appears to be crooked/off center on the tile. I am presuming that it is not possible to rotate the valve in the wall without a lot of trouble. We appreciate your feedback.