moen single shower control

Users who are viewing this thread

Gfe76

Reaction score
OK, guys (and gals)....just moved into new house..built in 2000.
one of the baths has a moen single control shower....silver backplate with teardrop shape, clear plastic knob with gray trim, with H and C in white lettering. When water is off the point of the tear points at "12 o'clock". When you rotate it to the left you only get cold water and knob stops at "9 o'clock". When you rotate it to the right you eventually get warm water when it stops at "6 o'clock". I'm thinking the cartridge was installed incorrectly. any ideas? thanks

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Remove the knob turn the brass stem 180 degrees and put the handle back on... See how that works!

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Iether your posi-temp teir handle was installed upside down, or its the wrong handle.

The teir should be facing at 6:00 in the off position. Turning it counterclockwise will give you cold water 3:00 - 12:00 and keep turning counterclock, hot water at 9:00

Try flipping the teir handle only, 180 degrees

moen_posi-temp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gfe76

Reaction score
thanks to all..krow, you were right, all i needed to do was to take handle off and rotate 180 deg (to six o'clock position)...now works fine...THANKS

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks