Moen Single Handle shower- no cold water???

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by b00mstick11, Jun 24, 2010.

1. b00mstick11

b00mstick11 New Member

I have a Moen Single Handle Shower ( Posi temp version ) and it's only trickling water in the cold position. Once you get it to about 12 o' clock it comes on full hot with no in between. It's only 1 1/2 years old. Does the stem need replacing? I also see 2 adjustment screws on either side of the valve in the wall. What are they for? Thanks.......
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Replace the cartridge

Call Moen For Free Parts
    1-800-BUY-MOEN

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  3. krow

krow Plumber

Are you sure it is a "positemp?" Correct me if I'm wrong, The only valve that I know that has the 2 "screws" on iether side (shut off valves/stops), is the moentrol.

If it is a moentrol, you will need a balancing spool
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010