Moen showerhead maybe 3669EP

Users who are viewing this thread

billplaeto

Reaction score
Was hoping someone could help. Trying to put a regular showerhead by replacing this moen handheld. I went to unscrew the part on the wall where the the showerhead hose connects and it only moved a little. I was afraid to try any harder for fear of bending or breaking anything. I put everything back together and now with shower on I have a leak. Does this part just screw and unscrew like a shower stem or is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• connection.jpeg
    connection.jpeg
    1.4 KB · Views: 187
  • connection2.jpeg
    connection2.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 186

billplaeto

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. There seems to be some kind of compound on it It looks like it might have been white at one time , now it's a beige. Hope it's not caulk. I was a member on here a few years ago and talked about these 2 plumbers who worked on this addition for my mother-in-law. There was only 2 of them, but I called them the 3 stooges. There's not one thing they did professional. Insulating pipes against an outside wall- pipes did freeze, 5 basement floods because they didn't read the code right, toilet tank leak- used old rusted bolts on brand new tank, and my favorite-buttcrack was the first thing I saw when I met them. They were the stereotypical plumber joke

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks