moen shower valve problem

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by joe617, Jun 19, 2008.

1. joe617

joe617 New Member

I have a moen shower valve (1225B) and want to change the trim to a brushed nickel. Moen doesn't make a brushed nickel kit to fit my valve. Any suggestions, I really don't want to open the wall unless absolutely necessary? Thanks
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Moen used to have trim for the old chateau pull out showers ( 1225 plastic cartridge). If they do not offer that any more, you can get a Danco kit at HD. One of the advantages of installing mainstream products like yours is that the population of product in the field is so large, that 20 years later there is a lot of aftermarket stuff available.