Moen shower temp limiter

Users who are viewing this thread

Vaman77

Reaction score
I just replaced a cartridge (for the second time) on a moen shower faucet and all that went fine.However I can't get the little chrome sleeve that serves as a temp limiter to slide over the brass clip fitting on top of the cartridge. The clip is not sticking up.It's flush with the cartridge.
I did this shower before and just did the other bathroom today without any problem. Can someone tell me why in the world the thing will not fit this time?
This is such a minor part of the repair and yet it is quite exasperating.I can't imagine the sleeve was damaged pulling it out but maybe it was.
thanks for any help

Vaman77

Reaction score
If it's flush at the top, it may be too far down. The tab should be showing at the top.
I got ya. Let me correct myself;the clip is snug on the valve with the tab sticking out. Since I posted this I thought I'd try something else. I took this sleeve to the other shower and it fits in that valve fine. The sleeve from that shower does not slide on this sleeve.
So something must be going on with this valve. I don't think it's possible for the valve's diameter to suddenly increase. It's quite a mystery to me and now even more aggravating!
Any more insight is appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks