Moen shower faucet not working

Users who are viewing this thread

mmax

Reaction score
My parents stayed at my house for a few days and couldn’t figure out how to operate the shower in our bathroom. It is a Moen where you pull the handle out to turn it on and turn left and right to change temp. It also has a diverter above to switch between the main head and hand shower.

Now, when you pull the handle out nothing happens. No water. I called Moen who suggested I replace the 1225 cartridge, which I did, but still no water.

Any ideas of what could be wrong or how to fix it? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6861.jpeg
    IMG_6861.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 89

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are there integrated stop / maintenance valves in the main body of the valve behind the cover plate? If so, did you turn them off and forget to turn them on?

If you have no stops, and with the cartridge installed, have you pulled out the diverter cartridge to verify if you get water to come out there?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks