Moen Shower cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

CJames

Reaction score
Replacing a Moen 1222 Posi temp cartridge, and of course it was stuck. Used the Moen puller and have the cartridge almost halfway out, but can go no further. What could possibly be holding it up at this point? Could there be air suction holding it in somehow? That's almost what it feels like....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No, the rubber "boots" on the sides where the water flows in, have "rolled" and are holding it. From this point you have a major problem, and solving it is a "hit or miss" situation, and it seems every one takes a different solution.

CJames

Reaction score
No, the rubber "boots" on the sides where the water flows in, have "rolled" and are holding it. From this point you have a major problem, and solving it is a "hit or miss" situation, and it seems every one takes a different solution.
Ouch! Don't like hearing "major problem" (though not too surprised!). What is the solution?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
LIke I said, "every situation is unique" and you just have to try whatever you can think of until something breaks or you extract it. I have worked for a few hours using many different options before getting a stuck one out.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have an easy access to the rough in valve from the other side of the wall (usually there's a closet behind), I would replace the rough in valve. Dealing with a small drywall repair is easy.

BTW:
1. It comes with a new valve.
2. You can choose any valve, you don't have to stay with Moen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks