Moen Rough-in Valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaplumber

Reaction score
2510 todays version of my valve.jpg

Similar valve 1.jpg

Similar valve 2.jpg

My home was built in 1999. I have gutted the bathroom and am rebuilding the shower from the mud base up. My problem is that I want to upgrade to some very nice shower trim kits. I don't mind purchasing Moen again but, I'd like to know if the newer and nicer kits will fit right up to mine. The separate shower and garden tub have trim kits similar to the Chateau and are single handle units. I've been looking at trim kits online for about 3 days now. I've seen a valve that is very close to mine, the Moen 2510 rough-in valve. But it is slightly different. I'm including photos of the 2510 and a valve someone is selling on **** that is like mine only ISP instead of CC. Any help would be appreciated because I'm at a work stop until resolved. Also, it seems that Moen does not sell a tub only kit, just shower only, can this be true? Thanks, Seaplumber

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Lancaster

Reaction score
They don't sell a "tub only" trim kit because a garden tub would normally use a deck mounted tub faucet,as opposed to a wall mounted tub/shower valve.
If you have a "Posi-temp" valve like the ones pictured,then you can use the Chateau trim kit.

moen_posi-temp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaplumber

Reaction score
Lancaster said:
They don't sell a "tub only" trim kit because a garden tub would normally use a deck mounted tub faucet,as opposed to a wall mounted tub/shower valve.
If you have a "Posi-temp" valve like the ones pictured,then you can use the Chateau trim kit.

Lancaster,

Thanks for the response. Does deck mounted mean that it mounts to the tub with vertical risers? Also, does this mean that I am restricted to the Chateau model and that the 2510 valves are so different that if I wanted to use one of their nicer trim kits, I'd end up changing the valves anyway? I've noticed that Delta and Danze both sell wall mounted bath units and I leaning toward those two mfgr's. Household plumbing is new to me. If it was on a ship, it would be done (better facilities and equipment, a lot more room for error and someone else is footing the bill:D ) Thanks again for your help.

Lancaster

Reaction score
I took a closer look at the pics of your existing valve,and I now think that you have the old non pressure balancing valve.I dont see the white plastic insert that identifies a Posi-Temp cartridge.This would mean that the current Moen trims would not work with your valve.
Moen makes probably a dozen different trim styles that will fit that new 2510 valve.Yes,a deck mounted faucet mounts on the tub deck and the risers would be vertical (at least the last few inches would have to be) because they attach to the bottom of the valve,not the sides.
If you are changing valve and trim both,you can use any tub/shower valve,you would have to plug the top (shower) outlet.
I rarely see any tub-onlys with a wall-mounted valve,now in the last two days I see two discrete questions about them.Go figger,I guess.

Seaplumber

Reaction score
Moen Rough in valves

Hahaha. Well, I appreciate all your help. I've really been looking hard for those wall mount tub fittings and only found Delta and Danze had them. We went ahead and purchased the Danze. I hope they are as good as they (Danze) say they are. Thanks again. Now I can get my butt back to work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks