Moen Roman Tub Valve Handle Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Wpollock

Reaction score
I am attaching a picture of my tub valve to ask if and how I can remove the cold water inlet handle assembly(left handle in picture) and move the stem assembly clockwise until the off position is in the same position as that for the hot water side. Do I need any special tools to do so?

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• Master Tub Valve - Copy.JPG
    Master Tub Valve - Copy.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,070

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unscrew the bell shaped part that is below the handle. You might be able to do it by hand. If it is too tight, wrap something around it before you grip it with channel locks, to protect the finish.

Wpollock

Reaction score
Unscrew the bell shaped part that is below the handle. You might be able to do it by hand. If it is too tight, wrap something around it before you grip it with channel locks, to protect the finish.
Ok. Once I get the body loose do i just turn the handle to the position opposite the hot water valve handle and tighten the body back down?

Wpollock

Reaction score
There is a splined adapter under the handle and THAT is what you rotate until you can install the handle in the proper position.
Is the adapter mounted on the inside of the handle body or on the valve stem? Also, do I need to turn off the water supply while doing this?

thanks

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can leave the water on. Once you take it apart it is not that difficult to figure out how to align the handles.

Watch this video and see if it helps:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks