Moen push button diverter plug

Users who are viewing this thread

badreligion9265

Reaction score
Here lies my problem, I purchased a Head to Toe Danco kit to replace my ancient moen tub/shower fixtures. The kit says it fits Moen Chateau series 2600-2700, not quite sure what my old model was but everything in the kit fit for one exception.

My original plate that covers the main diverter valve with a push-pull knob had a 1/4" hole near the bottom to allow another secondary push-button diverter valve to protrude through. This valve changed the direction of flow from shower head to tub spout or vice versa.

Now the new plate that came with the Danco kit has no such 1/4" hole, therefor I have two choices or maybe just one, this is where I need help. I can either drill a hole through the new plate, or possibly buy a diverter hole plug. The second option I'm not sure is even an option. On moen's website there is a part with the part number "101100", now to my understanding this part should be able to plug the push-button valve, allowing me to use a plate without the 1/4" hole. But then by plugging this hole will I still be able to divert the flow of water from shower head to tub spout buy pulling up on the valve that is on the new spout which came with the Danco kit? Or for this feature to function properly would I need a whole new diverter valve?

Thanks for any advice, it will be greatly appreciated

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
most Moen valves have the spout and shower ports interconnected, so by removing the push button diverter (and plugging the whole), allows the water to access both ports at the same time. Gravity will make it run to the easist exit (the spout). The diverter spout will allow the water to be diverted to the shower head as a normal shower.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
moen

As long as the pipe from the valve to the spout is the proper size, there should not be enough backpressure to cause the shower to drip when the tub is used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks