Moen posi-temp shower valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Basement_Lurker, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

I have been looking at moen's villeta posi-temp shower trim, and I am trying to find a shower-only valve, but I can't seem to find one. The lady with moen's customer support wasn't any help, so I am just wondering if I have to use a tub/shower valve and manually cap it off for a shower-only application?

thx

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Moen

I do not have a catalog handy, but I would be very, very surprised if they did not have a shower only configuration, although HD and Lowes would probably not carry it.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Moen

Get the 2510 or 2520 body and then use whichever shower head and arm you wish to.
  5. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Thanks guys, I have searched their site but I can't seem to find any shower-only valves like delta produces...how strange.
  6. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

We installed the diverter spout in our shower anyway. It's great for testing the water temperature with your toe, filling buckets, and washing dogs and cats. Surprisingly, I've never stubbed a foot, ankle, etc., on it.