Moen Posi-temp installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Rob418

Reaction score
I am installing Moen Posi-temp mixing valve in a new shower. As I look at the mixing valve assembly I am really concerned about the flow that
the small orifice for the shower is going to provide. This is a shower only installation. Is there any problem with plugging the shower outlet and
piping the tub fill outlet to the shower head. This is part # 2510 and im not sure what the GPM rating for the shower is, but the tub orifice looks to be twice as big.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Rob

moen_posi-temp.jpg

moen-2510.jpg

Moen 2510

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could use the tub port, but keep in mind, unless you modify any showerhead, they are all restricted to a maximum of 2.5gpm, and the smaller port should provide that easily.

Some of the valves can be inverted, and to keep the hot/cold working properly, you can rotate the cartridge so it's still correct. The instructions talk about that, if it's possible.

Rob418

Reaction score
Jim,
Thank you for your response. I had thought about inverting the mixer valve, and rotating the cartridge, but wasn't sure if I was violating some rule of plumbing. The directions that
came with valve doesn't address the valve rotation. I'll call tech line today

Rob418

Reaction score
Oh yes I see the ridge.. ok, I will plumb with correct orientation. Thank you for the heads up!

SoreThumbs

Reaction score
From the above posted schematic: Can someone please tell me what the function of part #12639 "Stop Valve kit" is?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
From the above posted schematic: Can someone please tell me what the function of part #12639 "Stop Valve kit" is?

The valve may or may not come with stops.
It mentions on the parts above, 12639 that it's prior to 2/07
New stops will look like the ones on the left here. 136123

moen_posi-temp.jpg

With stops
No Stops
Side view

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks