Moen Posi-Temp Banbury Model One Handle Tub/Shower Faucet - New install, hard to turn

Users who are viewing this thread

craigttnelson

Reaction score
I just installed a new moen tub/shower faucet in my new shower. After only two weeks it is suddenly hard to turn handle, especially clockwise (turning shower off). Could it be a defective cartridge or other part? Any thoughts? There wasn't much to the installation in terms of moving parts etc. It basically was just connecting the water supply to the valve/diverter so i believe its all correct.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Sometimes debris from having the water shut off or excess solder can get into the cartridge, damaging it. If you call Moen, the will very likely send you a replacement cartridge.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One install step, often omitted, is to flush the lines prior to installing the cartridge (or remove it, if you didn't prior to soldering). That can come back to bite you when some debris scores or otherwise damages the sealing surfaces, or jams up the works.

craigttnelson

Reaction score
Moen sent me new cartridge. It works great. The one I replaced, which was essentially brand new, had some scoring on the metal cylinder that is within the plastic housing of the cartridge. It must have been a few grains of grit or something. I hope flushing the lines prior to this latest install does the trick. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks