Moen Monticello Roman Tub - Want to Switch the Trim - Help with Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

rreister

Reaction score
My wife and I moved into a new home. We want to switch the trim on the roman tub. The tub is completely tiled in and there is no access panel. Before we go the route of removing tile, I want to know if there is an easier solution.

The current tub has a Moen faucet, but I can't find the model anywhere (photo). We want to replace this with something that is more modern and brushed nickel. I learned all about valves after buying a Pfister trim kit and realized that it doesn't work.

What I'm curious about is what valve is this (photo)? What is out there to replace it with?

IMG_0392.jpg
IMG_0394.jpg

Thanks so much!

rreister

Reaction score
Based upon this information, it looks like I have a Moen 4792 valve. I think this is part of their M-Pact system.

I did some searching and found lots of faucets that work with M-Pact, however, some of them (the ones I like) say it works with M-Pact and needs valve 4992 or 4993. For example, the Moen T943BN... Will this work with 4792, even though it doesn't say?

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Sunib

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the same boat you were in. Did you ever find a solution and if so what was it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks