Moen kitchen faucet leaking from top AND bottom

Users who are viewing this thread

PossessedFridge

Reaction score
A couple of days ago my kitchen faucet handle lost the ability to stop at Hot and Cold and can now 360. At first it only leaked a bit from the top, but now it's causing a HUGE mess underneath. A friend told me that Moen has free replacement valves @Home Depot for DIY repair. How exactly do I fix this faucet? Should I just search YouTube for "faucet cartridge replacement". Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_00000497 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_00000497 (Medium).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 774

SHR

Reaction score
Call Moen at 1-800-BUY-MOEN tell them your problem and they will send you whatever you need for repairs FREE.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have never seen a Moen faucet, like that, which did NOT have a 360 degree handle. If it is NOT leaking from the spout you need a couple of "O" ring spout seals, unless the sprayer is the cause of the leaks.

PossessedFridge

Reaction score
Eek. I'll research how to install spout seals, now. Thanks. I'm really out of my element...I can't even get the handle back on straight after cartridge replacement (see below). And I tested it and it's still leaking from the base of the spout and underneath the counter where the base of the spout is...
IMG_00000498 (Medium).jpg

PossessedFridge

Reaction score
If it means anything to anyone, it sounded different when it "broke" a few days ago. It used to have an instant flow and then it almost had a delay and I could hear the water, internally, trying to work its way up.

Last edited:

PossessedFridge

Reaction score
Just buy a new faucet and be happy !

Thanks for the suggestion. That's actually the first thing I considered, but I couldn't find all these features jammed into such a small piece of real estate (sprayer, single handle faucet & soap dispenser)...I'd have to buy a new sink to accommodate a new layout. Neither sink, nor faucet is that beaten up (to require replacement), which is when I remembered this site and figured I could get some help. Cheers.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That faucet may have a black plastic "cam" that the handle hooks in to, and if so it has probably cracked. Find your parts list and have Moen send you a replacement.

PossessedFridge

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that responded.

Just wanted to give an update that I got it all fixed on my own, with many thanks to Moen. Changed cartridge + o-rings (+plumbers grease) and it's 100% except for the fact that I reversed hot & cold. Gonna have to 180 the cartridge when I have time. Happy Holidays.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks