Moen Kingsley faucet install problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ajsberger, May 12, 2011.

1. ajsberger

ajsberger New Member

I'm having a little trouble...I have a moen kingsley faucet that I'm trying install in my bathroom. I've done all the work under the sink and am trying to install the actual faucet. You have to use an allen wrench to screw it down through the hole that the sink stop goes in. If that makes sense, the problem is that i can't get it to go down the last quarter of an inch. As you twist the wrench the faucet lowers but it simply won't go an further. I took it apart, nothing looks cross threaded and I tried a little rectorseal to lubricate the threads but it still won't go down the last bit. Anyone encounter this?

Adam
  2. ajsberger

ajsberger New Member

As a reply to my own thread, I spoke to moen this morning and they are sending out some new parts. There customer service appears pretty good so far.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I haven't but Moen Customer Service is about as good as it gets!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

They are good as long as you are the original owner. Price Pfister and Delta do not care.