Moen install question

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiton

Reaction score
I have just done a full reno of my daughter's bathroom. I installed a Moen Positemp bath faucet and have a question or two.

I am not loving the water seal around the control, would a little clear silicone around the space interfere with it any way?
Also, when I tighten the black plastic handle piece with the center screw as per instructions, there is still a little play. Shouldn't this be a completely solid connection?

thank you,

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A little caulking around the sleeve is fine. I sometimes do that. I have also seen water leak past the screw heads.

You may not have the handle screw in tight enough. They put some lock-tight stuff on the threads.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On some of those valves, they have an intermediate plastic piece that acts as a temperature (heat) break so the handle doesn't get super hot and that can make it slightly flexible.

Kiton

Reaction score
Installer error.
I removed the 2 pieces used to set the scald temperature settings thinking they were just to set the max water temp setting, but without them, the black piece does not sit correctly.
Thanks for the help guys,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks