Moen install question

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Kiton, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Kiton

Kiton Member

I have just done a full reno of my daughter's bathroom. I installed a Moen Positemp bath faucet and have a question or two.

I am not loving the water seal around the control, would a little clear silicone around the space interfere with it any way?
    Also, when I tighten the black plastic handle piece with the center screw as per instructions, there is still a little play. Shouldn't this be a completely solid connection?

thank you,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A little caulking around the sleeve is fine. I sometimes do that. I have also seen water leak past the screw heads.

You may not have the handle screw in tight enough. They put some lock-tight stuff on the threads.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

On some of those valves, they have an intermediate plastic piece that acts as a temperature (heat) break so the handle doesn't get super hot and that can make it slightly flexible.
  4. Kiton

Kiton Member

Installer error.
    I removed the 2 pieces used to set the scald temperature settings thinking they were just to set the max water temp setting, but without them, the black piece does not sit correctly.
    Thanks for the help guys,