Moen Cartridge back piece of housing broke. Help Please!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Can we fix it?, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Can we fix it?

Can we fix it? New Member

I removed the cartridge from my bathtub but when I tried to insert the new one it did not fit. When I removed the original cartridge I did not notice a small white plastic piece of the back housing had broken off and gotten lodge all the way in the back. Any ideas on how to remove it? I've been trying to break it piece by piece with a screwdriver but all I've managed to do is bent the hell out of the brass housing.

Attached Files:

2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

If the sealing surface of the valve body is damaged, it will no longer seal with a new cartridge. When that happens, the cure is to replace the valve.
  3. Can we fix it?

Can we fix it? New Member

All done.

Thanks for the reply. After several hours and various tools I was able to remove the plastic piece. Installed the new cartridge, put it all together and now she works great. Original reason for replacing the cartridge was water was seeping out of the tub spout but now it's dry as a bone.

Attached Files: