Modify Kohler Memoirs toilet?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by LeeS, Oct 1, 2007.

1. LeeS

LeeS New Member

My Kohler "memoirs" toilet has alot of difficulty flushing- can I somehow modify this to a pressurized unit with the same tank and base?
  2. achutch

achutch New Member

No you can't. The pressurized tank needs to be used with a specially designed bowl. Even if you could physically modify the tank, it would not work with the bowl that you have. I believe that the "Memoirs" uses the "Ingenium" system (and I've seen enough of that system to know that one would not last in my home for a month).

The one Memoirs toilet that I have actually seen in use was newly installed in my grandmother's house shortly before it was sold. I was told that it leaked through the flush valve upon installation. I also gave it a test flush and when I did, a huge bubble of air blew out of the jet and made a splash. I was not impressed.

The professionals here on this site might be able to suggest a replacement for the Memoirs that would look just as good and most importantly would work.

I am a consumer and have a small collection of antique toilets. I also know that the newer technologies in use today have made the new toilets work as well or better (and I have to say better because they use much less water) than the antiques. My one Toto Drake (which I bought based on recommendations from this site) is proof of that.

achutch
  3. LeeS

LeeS New Member

achutch
    thanks very much for the info- a new Toto it may be!:D
  4. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

Memoirs blows. Toto Soiree has similar look BTW.

Mike