mobile home kitchen sink question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by spankynlo, Nov 2, 2009.

1. spankynlo

spankynlo New Member

HI,
    I am remodeling my sister's kitchen.
    Last year, her drain leaked and I went to handy dandy Walmart to get a new drain pipe.
    I found it was bigger than the one on the mobile home. I went to a mobile home store and got the correct size.
    That being said....
    I purchased a mobile home sink. (waiting on it in the mail) I was wanting to get a disposal and install it. I am worried after everything fitting together,
    Thanks for any idaes.
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

It will probably turn into a big problem.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
  3. Garydaplummer

Garydaplummer Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed

Website

I don't get into much mobile home work but there is a very good website for questions called mobilehomerepair.com . They can answer any questions you have regarding mobile homes, I have contacted them regarding a heating issue and they got right back with a reply. Mobile home work can be challenging because often the materials used are different from the norm.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

mobile homes

They use the SAME materials, they may just use them differently sometimes. As far as installing a sink and connecting it is concerned, it is exactly like any house installation, as long as you have a drain pipe sticking out of the wall.