Moaning/Whine noise from Kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

st_paul_bob

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my kitchen faucet it has two handles for hot and cold. The High pitched "whine" comes mostly when hot water is run, and at full pressure. It also "moans" on cold but it will dissipate. Also when I can get it to stop when I activate the sprayer, but then the noise will change pitch and volume. It is not consistant.

It is driving my wife crazy. :confused:

Any help?

Thanks

St. Paul Bob

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like the diverter (the part that directs the water between the faucet vs the sprayer)...don'tknow what to do to fix it. One of the pros will, though. It might help if you indicated what the brand is or posted a picture, as the fix might depend on the brand/style rather than a generic answer.

st_paul_bob

Reaction score
I bought it at the Home Depot about 8 months ago. This just started. I can not place the name right now, but it is one of the standard models.

I can get that tonight when I get home.

st_paul_bob

Reaction score
It is a Crystal Bay. After some trouble shooting it seems to be coming from the base of the faucet. Not from either of the handles.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
noise

If you saved the literature there probable is an 800 phone number.
Call it and the may send you the part in the mail at no charge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks