Mixing Valve Problem?

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by monahanky, Feb 19, 2013.

1. monahanky

monahanky New Member

Hi,

I had an issue last week whereby my water was not enough. I got the mixing valve replaced and now I have the opposite problem where the water is almost boiling. I adjusted the mixing valve in the "colder" direction as far as possible but the water is still boiling. Is there something else I need to adjust to bring my water temperature to a more moderate temperature. Or is this just an issue with the mixing valve? Right now it is dangerous because it is so hot. I have a Weil McLain boiler.

Thank you in advance.

Mike
  2. Dana

Dana In the trades

Is this a boiler with an embedded tankless coil, a sidearm water heater, or an indirect-fired HW tank?

Is it possible that the new mixing valve was installed backwards? Valve manufacturer and model ==?

Mixing valves would (almost) never be sold un-tested & defective right out of the box, but I suppose it's possible to screw up a sweat-soldered version during installation with solder splash.