mixing and matching finishes across brands

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by RobRing, Feb 9, 2010.

1. RobRing

RobRing New Member

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I'm not sure where else to post it. I'm considering ordering a Toto toilet, kohler sink, and Jacuzzi tub. All 3 manufacturers call their "off-white" colors something different. Can anybody tell me what the Kohler "biscuit" equivalents are for Toto and Jacuzzi? I'm thinking "oyster" for Jacuzzi and either "cotton" or "bone" for Toto.

Thanks!

Rob
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Even that would be a "subjective" analysis. Get actual color chips from the stores and compare them. The material the finish is applied to, the "plane" of the surface, and the light source will ALL change what the color looks like after it is installed.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

In actual use, even if there are slight differences, unless the pieces are extremely close together, it will be very difficult to see even if you are actually looking critically to check the match.
  4. RobRing

RobRing New Member

Thanks. I was able to compare color chips at a local supply house and there aren't significant differences between Kohler biscuit, Jacuzzi oyster, and Toto Sedona beige. The Toto color is a hair darker, but not enough to matter.

Rob