mixing and matching finishes across brands

Users who are viewing this thread

RobRing

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I'm not sure where else to post it. I'm considering ordering a Toto toilet, kohler sink, and Jacuzzi tub. All 3 manufacturers call their "off-white" colors something different. Can anybody tell me what the Kohler "biscuit" equivalents are for Toto and Jacuzzi? I'm thinking "oyster" for Jacuzzi and either "cotton" or "bone" for Toto.

Thanks!

Rob

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Even that would be a "subjective" analysis. Get actual color chips from the stores and compare them. The material the finish is applied to, the "plane" of the surface, and the light source will ALL change what the color looks like after it is installed.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
In actual use, even if there are slight differences, unless the pieces are extremely close together, it will be very difficult to see even if you are actually looking critically to check the match.

RobRing

Reaction score
Thanks. I was able to compare color chips at a local supply house and there aren't significant differences between Kohler biscuit, Jacuzzi oyster, and Toto Sedona beige. The Toto color is a hair darker, but not enough to matter.

Rob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks